Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Thing No One Tells You About Being Pregnant

Since learning I was pregnant I've had various people tell me about gaining weight, hormones, food cravings, swelling feet, hot flashes, and of course the pains of giving birth. What no one warned me about was the pains of being pregnant.

Sure I'd read about light cramping and was prepared for it but, I wasn't prepared for was round ligament pain and man oh man is it here.

As you know we originally moved up our ultrasound due to pains I'd been having and as you saw every thing is perfect on that end. Our next move was to seek advice from a regular doctor and that ended up happening last Wednesday night after I had to miss work due to sharp pains. Jacob and I ended up going to the ER when he got off work so that he didn't have to miss any more that week. Since I just go to a clinic here for my regular health care it was basically the same thing just a little more of a wait. All of the tests they ran thankfully came back fine also.

So this leaves us where we are now me on my couch with round ligament pain unable to work. I don't mean to write this as some sort of pity party I just feel if I'm going to keep track of this pregnancy I should probably write about the hard times too. The truth is right now is one of those hard times. Luckily I have a lovely boyfriend who is taking care of me (when he's not at work), a dog to keep me company, and a physical therapy appointment scheduled for Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I had a couple different pregnancy workout dvds that reeeeally helped with the aches and pains, which were definitely tough during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. one was the Gaiam prenatal workout with Summer Saunders, and the other was the Denise Austin Fit and Firm pregnancy. i did a workout pretty much every day, and sometimes even at night when i had crazy restless legs. you'll probably wanna ask your midwife before doing workouts since it sounds like the aches you've been having are maybe a little more intense, but seriously, i loved working out while preg. i did it right up to the day before i went into labor! and i know it really helped my labor be fast and smooth. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been wanting to start working out but it appears it only makes the pain worse. The midwife suggested acupuncture so we're going to try that. Hopefully I can get on some sort of work out routine soon.

    ReplyDelete