I must admit I'm never very good at blogging, especially about myself, so this is going to be a bit of a challenge. I'm aware this blog is only partially about me but, writing it still makes me nervous.
I figure if you're here you of course know Jacob or I and some of you might even be lucky enough to both of us. However, I'm sure a lot of you are curious about Jacob and I as a couple and of course about the baby. Consider this post a quick Jacob and Jana 101.
How we met:
I moved out to Seattle on August 16, 2010. I can never explain why I on earth I moved all the way out here except that I felt it was time for a change and Seattle had intrigued me ever since I visited with my dad when I was younger.
Luckily I did not make the move alone, my wonderful mother came out with for and helped me get all settled in. The day my mother left I woke up prepared to take on a new city alone and started exploring my new neighborhood. I had told a friend living in Seattle at the time that I would attend a rally for Senator Patty Murray (my friend was on her re-election campaign) later in the day and she told me that she would find me a ride. As I went out exploring I got a text from an unknown number saying "Hi this is Jacob, I'll be hanging out with you today." I of course realized this was my ride and made plans to meet up for some lunch and then head to the rally. It felt nice to know I wouldn't be spending my first day alone.
After meeting with Jacob for lunch I suddenly realized I was in a bit of trouble because, he was totally my type. We walked around the rally both realizing we were out of our comfort zone and made snide remarks to each other. It seemed our sense of humors were similar and we got along quite well. I of course told myself to just be cool and figured he was just doing a favor for a friend.
After the rally Jacob offered to show me around the neighborhood and after meeting a few friends of his I came to learn that I had become acquainted with quite the social butterfly. I was told by many people that evening that I was in excellent hands. We ended up hanging out for most the evening and I began to find him very intriguing.
An evening then turned in to the whole weekend due to a camping trip that Jacob had hatched the night before. I of course took the chance to get to know him better by riding in his car. As the weekend came to a close we began to realize that we hadn't spent 3 days apart and some how still weren't sick of each other. We haven't spent more than two days apart since then.
How the baby came about:
Just kidding y'all!
Learning About the Pregnancy:
As I'm sure all of you have guessed this was a surprise. It was around Valentine' days that I began to suspect some thing was up when the normal signs started showing. Over a course of a few weeks I had begun to feel nausea, more irritable (those of you who know me know irritability alone wouldn't explain it), and was late. All of course made me a nervous wreck and I was extremely scared to take a test. Luckily, I had a Dr's appointment scheduled later that week so I decided to bring it up then. Jacob is of course my rock but I felt that I might need some extra support if it came back positive. When I went to the Dr they confirmed that I was indeed pregnant and even let me hang out there till Jacob could come pick me up since I was in such shock.
Jacob and I had many discussions during the next few weeks and we came to realize that this baby was a blessing and while it was going to also be a challenge it was some thing we both wanted. Looking back I realize how lucky I am to have found a partner who from day one was full of excitement and support. So many women in my position have to do this alone or with a less than happy partner. I of course have amazing admiration for them but, must admit I really do feel so blessed to have some one by my side.
Quick note about the blog:
I of course plan on changing the name once we decide on one for the baby. As of right now we don't even know the sex.
For now updates will be few and far between since we I still have 5 month to go. I promise I will keep you updated now and will of course post about any big news. Once the baby has arrived we will try to keep you even more updated with photos and news. As I said in the beginning I'm awful at blogging but, this is clearly the best reason to get better at it. I also promise most the posts won't be this long.
Jacob and I love you all and are so thankful you've taken an interest in our babies life. We can not wait for them to meet each of you.
I figure if you're here you of course know Jacob or I and some of you might even be lucky enough to both of us. However, I'm sure a lot of you are curious about Jacob and I as a couple and of course about the baby. Consider this post a quick Jacob and Jana 101.
How we met:
I moved out to Seattle on August 16, 2010. I can never explain why I on earth I moved all the way out here except that I felt it was time for a change and Seattle had intrigued me ever since I visited with my dad when I was younger.
Luckily I did not make the move alone, my wonderful mother came out with for and helped me get all settled in. The day my mother left I woke up prepared to take on a new city alone and started exploring my new neighborhood. I had told a friend living in Seattle at the time that I would attend a rally for Senator Patty Murray (my friend was on her re-election campaign) later in the day and she told me that she would find me a ride. As I went out exploring I got a text from an unknown number saying "Hi this is Jacob, I'll be hanging out with you today." I of course realized this was my ride and made plans to meet up for some lunch and then head to the rally. It felt nice to know I wouldn't be spending my first day alone.
After meeting with Jacob for lunch I suddenly realized I was in a bit of trouble because, he was totally my type. We walked around the rally both realizing we were out of our comfort zone and made snide remarks to each other. It seemed our sense of humors were similar and we got along quite well. I of course told myself to just be cool and figured he was just doing a favor for a friend.
After the rally Jacob offered to show me around the neighborhood and after meeting a few friends of his I came to learn that I had become acquainted with quite the social butterfly. I was told by many people that evening that I was in excellent hands. We ended up hanging out for most the evening and I began to find him very intriguing.
An evening then turned in to the whole weekend due to a camping trip that Jacob had hatched the night before. I of course took the chance to get to know him better by riding in his car. As the weekend came to a close we began to realize that we hadn't spent 3 days apart and some how still weren't sick of each other. We haven't spent more than two days apart since then.
How the baby came about:
Just kidding y'all!
Learning About the Pregnancy:
As I'm sure all of you have guessed this was a surprise. It was around Valentine' days that I began to suspect some thing was up when the normal signs started showing. Over a course of a few weeks I had begun to feel nausea, more irritable (those of you who know me know irritability alone wouldn't explain it), and was late. All of course made me a nervous wreck and I was extremely scared to take a test. Luckily, I had a Dr's appointment scheduled later that week so I decided to bring it up then. Jacob is of course my rock but I felt that I might need some extra support if it came back positive. When I went to the Dr they confirmed that I was indeed pregnant and even let me hang out there till Jacob could come pick me up since I was in such shock.
Jacob and I had many discussions during the next few weeks and we came to realize that this baby was a blessing and while it was going to also be a challenge it was some thing we both wanted. Looking back I realize how lucky I am to have found a partner who from day one was full of excitement and support. So many women in my position have to do this alone or with a less than happy partner. I of course have amazing admiration for them but, must admit I really do feel so blessed to have some one by my side.
Quick note about the blog:
I of course plan on changing the name once we decide on one for the baby. As of right now we don't even know the sex.
For now updates will be few and far between since we I still have 5 month to go. I promise I will keep you updated now and will of course post about any big news. Once the baby has arrived we will try to keep you even more updated with photos and news. As I said in the beginning I'm awful at blogging but, this is clearly the best reason to get better at it. I also promise most the posts won't be this long.
Jacob and I love you all and are so thankful you've taken an interest in our babies life. We can not wait for them to meet each of you.
Jana, I am so excited for you. Pregnancy, labor, and motherhood are all so uniquely beautiful, and I know you will be the sweetest and most joyful mama your little one could hope for. Honestly, it makes me tear up to think about you holding a little babe in your arms. I can't wait for more updates!!
ReplyDelete