Wednesday, November 23, 2011

one month

So this post is nine days late, but if you've ever dealt with a newborn you know how hard it is to find to sit down and type out a blog entry. Jacob is currently having some cuddle time so I figured I would avoid laundry and update everyone.

Milo is currently around 12 pounds and brings joy to our lives every day. As far as I can tell his favorite song is "New York Groove" by Kiss. His favorite thing in the world is his binky and his least favorite thing is his bassinet. He is already quite the man about town having gone to various brunch spots and art walk on Capitol Hill.

As far as sleep goes he wakes up every 2 hours at night for a diaper change and feeding, but is usually pretty easy to get back to sleep. Jacob being the sweetheart he is always done one of the feeding with a bottle I have pumped before going to bed. Due to his bassinet hatred we've been bed sharing but once he gets bigger I hope to move him out of our bed.

The month has of course not been with out challenges. It took him along time to get back to birth weight, mainly due to being tongue tied. We ended up getting his Frenulum clipped; a procedure that I think was harder for Jacob to watch than Milo to go through. Between that, some supplementing, and many visits with helpful lactation consultants he is growing like a weed now.

This week is a hard one for him and he appears to be more clingy and cranky than usual. We've been giving him lots of love and hardly putting him down. I've been doing some research and apparently this one is a huge one for mental development and can cause a baby to be a little more needy. I can't say I mind the excuse for extra cuddle time.

That's all I can think of now but I promise to update more. Know for now that we're having a great time and attempting to do our best. Who let us have a kid anyways?!

\

1 comment:

  1. He's perfect. And as far as my own experience goes - everything you're describing seems super normal for a one month old (plus nine days). I'm so glad to hear that all is well and that he's growing so beautifully! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete