I apologize ahead of hand for how poorly written this is. I'm lacking sleep and my mind is reeling. Hopefully it all makes sense.
It is currently 7 AM in Seattle. I woke up some time around 5 needing to use the restroom and going back to sleep just hasn't happened.
Yesterday was quite an eventful day at the midwifes office and it appears I'm a lot further along than I thought. Since last Thursday I've been having Braxton Hicks at night, I knew it was bound to happen and just kept myself hydrated. Then on Saturday night they started up and haven't really stopped. Every once in awhile they've become painful. I wasn't too concerned and neither was the midwife but, she said she would check my cervix if I wanted her to. I decided to play it safe and agreed to have her check it out. She was wary of doing too much since I'm just at 36 so it was a really light exam. I was shocked when she told me I was definitely soft down there and that it was short. I had really started to believe again that we were going to be waiting around at week 42. Now I know this doesn't mean any thing really and we could still be waiting forever but, she did say to take it easy this week so that we make it to 37. 37 weeks is pretty much the magic number around these parts that we've been counting down to ever since the rush to labor and delivery at 29 weeks. If we can make it till then we're cleared for the Birthing Center.
Of course the fact that I've now been told to make it easy has sent my mind into a tailspin. Honestly our apartment is some what of a disaster area. I still don't have my cloth diapers, haven't washed any baby clothes, written my birth plan, or packed a bag! It appears I better (cautiously) get my butt in gear. Did I mention we're waiting for the crib to arrive?!
In the end I know that if he comes earlier than expected we will of course be fine. Bags can be packed in a matter of minutes, I can always start with disposables if I must, and we always have the bassinet that comes with the stroller for him to sleep in. The only thing I would really like is to have him out of the hospital. So here I sit restless to get things ready and hopeful that Milo stays in for a few more days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're going to do great no matter when this baby comes. The good thing is that you don't need much for a brand new baby. Just a mommy that loves him and a diaper or two. I did a pack of disposables at first, then switched to cloth when I got the hang of things.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, just because you're effaced and the cervix is short, doesn't give you any sense of "when" baby will come. It just means that your body is getting ready. I'm so excited for you and sending all my love and best wishes. Take it easy, drink your water and enjoy these last weeks! He'll be in your arms before you know it!
don't you worry girl, i was 3cm and 90% effaced for 2 or 3 weeks before Luke came! and honestly, if you're breastfeeding, you'll probably have the baby in bed with you the majority of the time and babies like a bassinet/moses basket better at first anyway. i think they sleep better when they can reach out and touch the sides of something; more womb-like i spose! we didn't set up luke's crib till he was like...4 months? you are going to have an amazing birth, and you will just keep your baby so close and cuddly! i'm praying for you!
ReplyDelete